Certified Public Accountant
State of New Jersey
Certified Valuation Analyst
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Certified in Financial Forensics
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
University of Maryland
College Park, Maryland
Richard C. Tobin, CPA
Richard provides business planning, tax and financial planning services for individuals and a wide range of closely held businesses representing a variety of industries including real estate, investment companies, construction, manufacturing, retail and wholesale/distribution, professional services, food services and entertainment and sports.
Richard, as the Managing Member of Beacon Valuation Advisors, L.L.C., also provides business valuation and forensic accounting services for a wide range of closely held businesses. Valuation and litigation support services are provided for estate and gift planning and reporting, matrimonial actions, shareholder disputes, damage claims and mediation and settlement resolutions.
A summary of recent relevant experience includes:
- Valuation of closely held businesses with revenues ranging from $50,000 to $30,000,000;
- Court appointed valuation expert in various litigation matters, including testifying in court;
- Preparation of valuation rebuttal reports and assist legal team in the evaluation of financial and income tax issues;
- Review of shareholder agreements, negotiation and structuring of shareholder buy-in and retirement;
- Mediation and dispute resolution of shareholder action, company dissolutions and matrimonial actions;
- Estate planning for high net worth individuals including review of wills, trusts, establishing family limited partnerships, coordinating gifting and transfers of business interests.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants: Litigation Services Committee and Business Valuation Sub-Committee
- Greater New Jersey Estate Planning Council
Richard C. Tobin has served the community as a member of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee of the “Bergen County Y, a Jewish Community Center”.
Richard C. Tobin has written for the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants Marketing and Public Relations program, and has had articles featured in Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ) and various local newspapers.