Certified Public Accountant
State of New Jersey
Personal Financial Specialist
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Register Investment Advisor (RIA)
State of New Jersey
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Masters of Science in Taxation
Seton Hall University
South Orange, New Jersey
Kevin J. Collins, CPA
Kevin provides business planning, tax planning and preparation, financial planning, estate and gift tax planning, auditing, review and compilation services for individuals and a wide range of closely held businesses representing a variety of industries including real estate, investment companies, construction, manufacturing, retail and wholesale/distribution, professional services, food services, pension plans and entertainment and sports. Kevin also provides consulting services relative to restructuring of businesses including mergers, sales, acquisitions, spin-offs, split-ups and dissolutions, shareholder and partner disputes, business formations, shareholder and partnership agreements.
A summary of relative experience includes:
- Negotiated partner dissolution in a $20 million real estate venture.
- Review of shareholder agreements, structuring of shareholder buy-ins and negotiating shareholder retirement packages for an $11 million multi-office medical practice.
- Restructuring of a $30 million multi-company real estate entity, including corporate mergers, asset acquisitions, consolidation of business operations and review of retirement plans.
- Estate planning for high net worth individuals including review of wills, trusts, establishing family limited partnerships, coordinating gifting and transfers of business interests.
- Planning for marital dissolution including negotiating property and support settlements, reviewing tax aspects of divorce and issues on valuations of closely held businesses.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Tax Section Member and Personal Financial Planning Section Member
- Estate Planning Council of Bergen County – Kevin served on the Board from 2005 through 2010.
- Greater New Jersey Estate Planning Council
- Foundation for Free Enterprise. Board of Directors as Treasurer.
- Foundation for Free Enterprise. Participated in Summer Business Camp.
- Upper Montclair Country Club Member of Financial and Hospitality Committees
Kevin has lectured on various accounting, tax, estate and financial planning topics. He has also spoke on behalf of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants to high school and college students on the opportunities in the CPA profession.