Certified Public Accountant
State of New York
Bachelor of Business Administration
Pleasantville, New York
Masters of Science in Taxation
Seton Hall University
South Orange, New Jersey
James P. King, CPA MST
Jim has extensive experience in partnership taxation, income taxation, planning, business consulting, auditing and litigation support. He is an expert in providing comprehensive tax and business advise to business owners, entrepreneurs, executives, and high net-worth individuals. Jim has a broad industry experience servicing clients in the real estate, financial services, retail, professional service and food service industries.
A summary of relevant experience includes:
- Restructuring, reorganizations, acquisitions and formation of various entities.
- Estate, gift, financial and succession planning.
- Litigation support including, shareholder disputes, business valuations, forensic accounting and economic damages.
- Representation before federal and state taxing authorities. Preparation of protests, abatements and Offers in Compromise.
- Multi-state tax planning, nexus and filings.
- Authored articles for publication. Lectured on recent tax developments, year-end tax strategies and current legislation before various professional and business groups.
- Consulting, planning and exit strategies relative to IRC Section 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Consulting on the formation and utilization of new entity types, such as Series Limited Liability Companies and Delaware Statutory Trusts.
- Tax planning and compliance for multiple real estate funds with assets in excess of $100 million.
- Increased firm productivity and quality by leading the development of the firm’s practice methodologies and training initiatives.
- Managing, developing, training and mentoring of staff.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society Litigation Services Committee
Jim is married with three children and resides in Wyckoff, New Jersey.