Happy New Year! As we have turned the corner from 2018 into 2019, we wanted to remind you of some upcoming compliance deadlines and payroll filing requirements due this January and February of 2019. Please keep in mind that not all of the following filings will apply to your business or specific situation. If you have any questions regarding your specific filing requirements or you are uncertain if these apply to your business, please reach out and contact us to discuss.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DUE DATES FOR COMPLIANCE
Thursday, January 31:
- Deadline to file Form 941 reporting on Q-4 of 2018.
- Deadline for employers to furnish Form W-2 to employees and Form 1099 to contractors or vendors, for work performed in 2018. Also the deadline to file Forms W-2 and W-3 to the SSA – both electronic and paper. If forms 1099-MISC report nonemployee compensation in box 7, forms 1099 & 1096 are due to the IRS.
- Deadline to furnish employees with Form 1095-C for Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage (for applicable large employers).
- Deadline to deposit the Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) if owed.
- Deadline to file Form 945 to report any pension or non-payroll federal income tax withheld. (Note: If you deposited all taxes when due, you may file Form 945 by February 11, 2019.)
Thursday, February 28:
- Deadline to file Forms 1094-C and 1095-C by paper to the IRS. (If filing electronically, deadline is April 1, 2019.)
- Deadline to file Forms 8027, 1098, 1099, 1096, and W-2G by paper to the IRS. (If filing electronically, deadline is April 1, 2019.)
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you and we look forward to hearing from you with any questions.
Written by: Kelly Mayer, CPA